Kruang Tedd Thai Cuisine - Review

On a random Friday night, while my friends and I were trying to figure where to go, we decided to go to my favorite Thai place, "Sapp Coffee Shop" but we got there little late and found out that they are closed.

So we went to a place that one of our friends recommended.

Kruang Tedd Thai Cuisine aka. KT Thai was different than all the other Thai places I've been to. It was dark and quite small in my opinion. As soon as we got to the entrance, we noticed that there are Live Band! On Friday night, the night we went, a blues band was performing.



We were promptly seated while the band was getting ready for the night. It took few minutes to figure out what to order.

Jungle Curry (Top Left) - red curry, green bean, baby corn, and bamboo shoot.
It was nothing like a curry. Very watery. to the point that it almost looked like a Korean seafood dish 매운탕. Not to mention, it didn't have any strong flavor that I expect from every curry dish.

Spicy "Drunken" Noodle (Top Right) - pan fried flat noodles with fresh garlic, chillie, onions, basil, and peppers
This noodle indeed was spicy. Very spicy. The server didn't bother to ask us to choose the spiciness. :( It would've been a better dish if it didn't have so much garlic.

Pad Thai (Bottom Left) - Pad Thai tasted ok. The noodle was little undercooked though.

Chinese Broccoli with Pork - veggie was cooked perfectly and sauce was very gentle (not anything too strong) but again... too much garlic




Pros
- live music
- ok food
- beer deal
- live music

Cons
- parking
- bad food for the price

I wouldn't go back. Personally, I don't feel good when I have to pay high price for bad food. For now, I will stick to my favorite Thai Restaurant.. Sapp Coffee Shop

1 comments:

Jen May said...

nice, i'm always down for a thai place with live music! there's also another one, but it's a karaoke mic and doesn't look as good as this place.